HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT
As a company and as individuals, we take great pride in contributing to the communities where we live and work in. We also care about the environment and are proud of the many ways in which our employees work to safeguard it.
As part of our core values and business ethics, Sharmeen Polymers (part of Standard Textile Mills) provides a safe and healthy working environment which ensures an atmosphere of minimal accidents and work-related illnesses. The organization works in line with ISO 9001:2008 compliance.
We believe that a safe and healthy workplace is a fundamental right of every person and also a business imperative. All of our workplaces are fully equipped with modern safety gear, fire safety equipment and safety attire, as per international safety requirements.
We are committed to the health and safety of our employees, subcontractors, customers and the general public. We are also dedicated to safeguard our natural environment. Our health, safety and environment objectives are equal in status to our other business activities. Line management and supervision is responsible for implementing these objectives. Regular workshops and training sessions are conducted to educate our employees about the various safety and health issues.
The HSE Policy has been designed to ensure compliance with applicable laws. The policy enables us to commit to the health and safety of employees, subcontractors, hired personnel, customers and general public. We are also committed to safeguard our natural environment. Our health, safety and environment objectives are equal in status to our other business activities. Line management and supervision is responsible for implementing these objectives.
Remaining within the framework of the Health, Safety and Environment Policy, Pakistan’s legislative requirements and standards required from our customers, we progressively strive to:
- prevent all production incidents
- prevent other incidents/accidents at our business sites, machines and installations
- prevent all occupational diseases and promote the health of our employees and the people who work with us
- minimize the impact of our operation on the environment
- adopt work practices that are safe and environment-friendly
- develop systems and individual personal responsibilities for health, safety and environment
- encourage involvement of employees in health, safety and environmental affairs
- We remain committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment to our employees and other stakeholders.
- Determine the environmental aspect (Air, Water, Soil, Noise & Light) and try to reduce it impact on environment